Top 10 Thank-You Notes for Nancy Pelosi to Send this ThanksgivingLet's look carefully at this pile of eleaphant doo-do. In an earlier e-mail Viguerie is quoted from a press conference at The National Press Club, saying:“One thing this election was NOT is a repudiation of conservatism. The twin pillars of conservatism – smaller government and traditional values – have the support of the same voters who threw out the Republican Congress.”
By Richard A. Viguerie
Conservatives Betrayed: How George W. Bush and Other Big Government Republicans Hijacked the Conservative Cause (Bonus Books, 2006)
Nancy Pelosi, who stands to be Speaker of the House when the new Congress is sworn into office, is a smart politician, and one of the smartest things she and other Democratic leaders did this year was to step aside as much as possible and let the Bush Republicans and their backers self-destruct. She must be overflowing with gratitude to countless Bushies, so to make the transition a bit easier for her, I have come up with the Top 10 thank-you notes she should put in the mail this Thanksgiving…
Nancy Pelosi says
thank-you to …
10. To Vice President Cheney, Bill Kristol, and their cell of “neo-conservatives,” for turning the Republicans into a Trotskyite party—just what Americans have always wanted.
9. To Rush Limbaugh, for his display of “compassionate conservatism” toward Michael J. Fox a week before the election.
8. To outgoing House Speaker Dennis Hastert (R-Illinois), for transforming a personal scandal involving Rep. Tom Foley into a GOP scandal.
7. To Sen. Ted Stevens (R-Alaska) and Rep. Don Young (R-Alaska), for creating an engineering marvel worthy of the Roman Empire—their beloved Bridge to Nowhere.
6. To Ken Mehlman, Chairman of the Republican National Committee, for taking conservative issues off the agenda, except for his direct mail fundraising letters.
5. To former House Majority Leader Tom DeLay (R-Texas), for paring every wasteful dollar out of the federal budget, thus creating a nasty image of the Republicans as the party of Uncle Scrooge.
4. To Karl Rove, for not reading Conservatives Betrayed, which would have awakened him to the dangers of making real conservatives unhappy.
3. To “Brownie” (former FEMA director Michael Brown), for doing such a heck of a job during Katrina, letting Americans see how prepared the Bush Administration was for a scheduled natural terrorist attack.
2. To Jack Abramoff, philanthropist, for his unlimited generosity toward his Republican friends.
1. To President Bush and Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, for keeping their divorce a secret until the election was over.
Richard A. Viguerie, Chairman of both ConservativeHQ.com and American Target Advertising, Inc., pioneered ideological and political direct mail and has been called “the funding father of the conservative movement” for his role in helping build dozens of conservative organizations. He is the author of 5 books including the newly released Conservatives Betrayed: How George W. Bush and Other Big Government Republicans Hijacked the Conservative Cause (Bonus Books, 2006).
Richard Viguerie’s Conservatives Betrayed
9625 Surveyor Court, Suite 400
Manassas, Virginia 20110
Oh? How's he know this. A CNN poll told him so. I mean, what the fuck are "traditional values?" A pair of clean bib overalls and a loaf of bread for a nickle? And government smaller that what? General Motors? No, my friend, it's the same old "pro-business/fundamentalist Christian" bullshit in a new suit. This has been Viguerie's stock in trade for forty years. The "corrupt," "out-of-touch" Republicans have been swept out of office, praise Jesus, so it's time for real Republicans, the outsiders, to fight the BIG-GOVERNMENT-Inside-the-Beltway-Democrats. Such bullshit.
Oh sure, the old bullshitter is right about the monumental fuck-ups of corrupt Congressional Republicans. He's right about the president. But so what? He's got his palm out for the suckers to pony up for the Republican push to take back the government in '08.
And remember the old bullshitter said that Repugs shouldn't use Nancy Pelosi-as-Speaker of the US House of Representatives as a scare tactic? Well, he just did.