Sunday, April 20, 2008

Unintentional Haw-haws

Here's a item currently being sold by one of my favorite mail-order/Internet retailers:

Wear your pride on your sleeve (and every place else) with this very patriotic Polo. Classically styled Shirt has images of both the U.S. Flag and the Declaration of Independence printed on it.

100% cotton knit with 3-button front, rib-knit collar and cuffs. Straight hem with side-split seams to ensure unencumbered flag-waving. Double-stitched hem. Machine wash / line dry. Imported[!!!!!!!!]
Now, don't get me wrong, I buy a lot of clothes from this particular retailer, and I won't embarrass the company by including an Internet link. I still want to buy things from'em. And they've embarrassed themselves enough by prominently displaying this "patriotic" shirt on the cover of their current mail order catalogue.

I'm sure the company will sell plenty of these shirts and the majority of the purchasers will never see the irony in a shirt emblazoned with the American flag and Constitution made in China, Bangladesh or some other Third World shit hole.

No comments: