Sunday, March 18, 2007

Overheard at the McAllen Airport

Jus' got in from Texas, babe. Nice weather, friendly people. Anyway, I won't bore you with the details of the trip. Suffice to to say it was nice.

But when I was leaving Thursday morning, I found myself sitting next to a pair of sales representative types, and there's nothing unusual about that. But I couldn't help but overhear their conversation.

One guy was telling the other about a video he saw from Iraq, I can't remember where he said he got hold of this thing. He said it was of a Bradley Fighting Vehicle exploding after hitting an IED. He mentioned nothing of the soldiers who may have been trapped inside, who may have been wounded or killed, just the ammunition boiling up like fireworks. He thought it was really, really cool.

I felt like saying something, but I took Falstaff's way out.

Talk about your disconnect.

No comments: