Sunday, May 20, 2007

Becareful to whom you forward a joke

Jeeze, all I did was forward a joke. This joke:
This piece of information may clear up a lot of things:

On July 8, 1947, witnesses claimed that an unidentified object with five aliens aboard crashed onto a sheep and cattle ranch just outside Roswell, New Mexico.

This is a well-known incident that many say has long been
covered up by the U.S. Air Force and the federal government.

In the month of March 1948, exactly nine months after that historic day, George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfield, Bill O'Reilly, Rush Limbaugh, Condolezza Rice, and Dan Quayle were all born.

See what happens when aliens breed with sheep.
Yeah, it's stupid. It's purile. It's nothing more than a joke. Sometimes a joke's a joke, like a cigar is just a cigar.

Now I'm usually pretty careful who I forward e-mail jokes to, but this time I accidently clicked on an e-mail address of someone to whom I never forward jokes. This person seems to think he is some sort of ultra-liberal, therefore above humor of any type. This particular person also fills my e-mail inbox with news stories and e-mail updates, many of which are duplicates.

So last evening I got this reply
You do know though this seems funny, it's entirely inaccurate and completely fiction. I'm for sure the same joke is circulating with a bunch of Democrats and liberals of near the same ages. This takes advantage of those who wouldn't do a simple Goolge or Wiki search to verify birthdates.

George Bush Jr. was born in 46 (July 6, 1946). I know that because I do horoscope stuff and Clinton and Bush were born in the same year of 46 the year of the Dog in Chinese (emphasis added by me.) Cheney's I will always remember because it's that same day not year, as FDR's.
Naturally, I responded in an adult manner, requesting no more spam, thank you.

But here's what really burns my butt. I don't know if the author of the above e-mail is being sarcastic or has no sense of humor. I suspect the latter on the basis of the sentence:This takes advantage of those who wouldn't do a simple Goolge or Wiki search to verify birthdates. It's a joke. If one does not like it, delete it. Don't get on one's moral highhorse and preach. AS I've observed all my life, when one comes to the further shores of politics the ocean becomes a lake; there are Puritans on both the far right and far left. And I say fuck'em both.

No comments: