Friday, May 29, 2009

Stirring the pot when it doesn't need stirring

The Senate confirmation hearings have not even begun and already I'm experiencing "Sonia Sotomayor ethnicity" fatigue. I mean why should it make any difference if President Oreo's initial nominee for the United States Supreme Court is "Latina" or not and will it effect her decision making?


Of course it will but what the fuck! I'm sure Supreme Court Chief Justice John G. Roberts, Jr's decisions are influenced by the fact that he grew up a white boy in a managerial/coordinator class household in an affluent, small Indiana town on Lake Michigan.


So CNN this morning asked the musical question:Sotomayor nomination: Is it about ethnicity? To their credit CNN reporter Rachel Rodriguez ends the news story by asking "Are we focusing too much on her ethnic background rather than her judicial history and qualifications?" By that I think she must mean the mainstream media as I don't give a flying fuck.

No comments: